A Quick Portugal Tour
From Lisbon to Fatima and back to Lisbon again, this tour of Catholic shrines in Portugal to either get away from it all or get back to it all – whatever your point of view may dictate. Take a pilgrim tour with Catholic Heritage Tours.
Day 1: Transatlantic flight from the U. S. To Lisbon, Portugal
Depart today towards Lisbon. During the international flight, meals will be provided by the airline.
Day 2: Lisbon-Fatima
Upon arrival in Lisbon, you will be welcomed by your Tour Escort and embark toward Fatima, a brief 2-hour trip, with a stop in Santarém, where, in the Church of the Eucharistic Miracle, a crystal flask containing a consecrated host which bled in the 13th C. has been preserved since then. Continue to Fatima; time allowing, participate in the Rosary and procession. Dinner and overnight in Fatima. (BB, D)
Day 3: Fatima
This morning, visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima and the sites relating to the three little shepherds: Their tombs, the prison where they were held and questioned, Aljustrel, their hometown, and Valinhos, where there was another apparition. This afternoon is at leisure, with dinner on your own. Overnight in Fatima. (BB)
Day 4: Fatima
Today is a full day at leisure, to visit independently the sites of Fatima. (BB)
Day 5: Excursion to Batalha and Alcobaca. Lisbon.
This morning, enjoy an excursion to the Abbey of Santa Maria de Vitoria at Batalha, a masterpiece of Portuguese Gothic architecture, and the Abbey of Saint Mary of Alcobaca, Portugal’s largest church, famous for its simple medieval architecture.
In the afternoon, return to Lisbon for Dinner and overnight. (BB, D)
Day 6: Lisbon
Enjoy the sights of Lisbon:
* The magnificent Monasterio dos Jeronimos, with its beautiful cloister, amazing architecture and wealth of statues. Inside the church is the tomb of the explorer Vasco de Gama.
* San Roque, a richly and expensively decorated church which houses the relics of St. Roch, patron against the plague, as well as one of the thorns from Our Lord’s crown, and a piece of the wood from Jesus’ Crib, and many other relics.
* Sao Domingos, burial place of Venerable Luis de Granada, a Dominican theologian, writer and preacher.
* St. Anthony Church, built over the site of this great saint’s birthplace.
* The Cathedral, known as The Sé, which holds the relics of St. Vincent, deacon and martyr. The Cathedral Cloister and treasury house a varied collection of Church artifacts.
* St. George Castle, one of the main touristic attractions of Lisbon, a strongly fortified citadel which dates from medieval times.
Dinner and overnight inLisbon. (BB, D)
Day 7: Return flight to the U.S.
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer toLisbon’s airport for your return flight home. (BB)
* (BB) Buffet breakfast * (D) Dinner
Please contact us at 1-800-290-3876 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a price quote for your group.
Catholic Heritage Tours’ all-inclusive religious tours allow you to concentrate on your unique pilgrimage experience while we take care of all the details. Get in touch with us today and we’ll show you how we can take your vision for a Catholic pilgrimage and turn it into reality.